Are you ready to be our next STAR? We have a great leadership opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Director of Operations to join our family at our Corporate Head Office in Florence.
As Director of Operations you will be the first point of contact for our General Managers, for our Corporate Functions and for our Owner in relations to the operational aspects of our properties.
With the goal to enhance our Guest experience while positively impacting the financial performance, the position holder will focus on properties operational efficiency, service standards, product development and innovation maintaining effective synergies between Hotels and Corporate departments.
Your main areas of responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the implementation of operational procedures and processes
- Design and develop new processes where necessary for better efficiency
- Liaise with our properties management and the Corporate Head Office functions to assure alignment and compliance with the company policies and strategies
- Develop, promote and champion sustainable practices
- Support the needs of the properties operations by assuring both on site and remote assistance as needed
- Direct, develop and implement performance metrics and measurements, and assure compliance with strategic and operational targets through data analysis, best practice sharing, and support and coaching
- Lead product innovation and development, assuring the desired enhancement of the guest experience
- Analyse guest experience data to identify trends and establish areas of opportunities conducting workshops to drive operational excellence and guest experience enhancements
- Assist the General Managers in the complaints handling process in order to guarantee that these are dealt with in a prompt and adequate manner
- Cooperate with the HR Department to identify hiring and development needs for an efficient HR strategic planning
- Assess and foster revenue-generating opportunities
- Minimize costs by driving and enabling productivity
- Assist in periodic business reviews
As a Director of Operations at our Corporate Head Office, you will be expected to have the following characteristics:
- Degree or equivalent in a related field of study - Hotel Management preferred
- Min 10 years of on-property Hotel experience
- Good knowledge of Rooms, Front Office, Housekeeping and F&B operations
- Ability to analyse data
- Great communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Fluent in Italian and English is mandatory
- Previous experience in a Corporate Head Office is a plus
Who are we…
Starhotels, a private Italian hotel company operating in the upscale and upper scale & luxury sectors, is a market leader in the hospitality industry. The Group vaunts 30 hotels located in the heart of the top Italian destinations, London, Paris and New York, with more than 4,200 rooms.
Starhotels aims to be synonymous with the excellence of Italian hospitality, offering an impeccable service that excels at anticipating guests’ wishes and exceeding their expectations, allowing them to select the hotel best suited to their needs, choosing between the company’s two brands.
The prestigious Starhotels Collezione – icons of style in the most beautiful destinations in the world – stand out for their strategic positions, sophisticated design and bespoke services. Starhotels Collezione properties are located in Florence, London, Milan, New York, Paris, Rome, Saturnia, Siena, Trieste, Venice and Vicenza. In January 2020, Terme di Saturnia Natural SPA & Golf Resort became part of Starhotels Collezione, joining the twelve fascinating historical residences already present.
The Starhotels Premium, located in the heart of the most beautiful Italian cities, Bergamo, Bologna, Florence, Genoa, Milan, Naples, Parma, Rome, Saronno and Turin, stand out for their contemporary style, perfect combination of elegance and comfort, and are able to provide an intangible sense of well-being through an excellent and welcoming service.